Saturday, June 4, 2011

Retirement in Costa Rica.

I have been Painting since Retiring to Costa Rica from the United States. From Landscape to Horses,  I have comprised numerous Paintings that reflect "The Costa Rica Landscapes, Wildlife and more". I left Cocoa,Florida in the United States after 30 years as a Doctor. I wanted a simpler life, with a "Low Cost of Living". I had traveled to "Costa Rica" for years, exploring my Retirement Options.
Painting of Lake Arenal with Volcano

Local Church in Town

Vine Covered Entry to Town Square
After first finding Nuevo Arenal a Town on the other side of "Lake Arenal", we found that Homes and Climate on that side of the Lake was too cold and Rainy for us. So, we traveled to La Fortuna, just on the other side of the Lake.



Volcano Views

Post and Beam Construction

Retirement Home

House purchased for 105K
I found the most perfect "Retirement House" jsut 8 minutes from lafortuna, and yards from the Rainforest. My House which I purchased for 105K fully furnished was a perfect fit. The House a Log Cabin just 6 months old, built on stilts and offering Vaulted Ceilings, Wraparound Porch, Wood Floors, Satellite Tv, and Panoramic Windows. From the House I can see the Valleys of Fortuna and the Town beyond. Our favorite place is the Wraparound Porch with Hot Tub and Volcano Views...this home is all wood and is built out of Columbian Pine guaranteed for 30 years, the perfect home. I lived in a Historic 1928 Home in Cocoa, Florida so wooden Homes are my favorite, for they dont get damp and seem to be more sturdy in construction than concrete. I have taken up painting and visit my website to see the beauty of Costa Rica. If you have any questions regarding the "Retirement Options" feel free to contact me at cocoavillage1@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting my Site Come Visit Costa Rica and see the beauty for your self If you have any questions feel free to contact me